Moving employers represents a big life decision for most professionals, bringing the ‘emotional & psychological contract’ to an end is much more complicated than just serving notice.
A good offboarding programme ensures that moving away from a business like yours won’t be a negative experience. We know that employee experience goes beyond your employees last day and done well, offboarding can place a strong brand advocate out into today’s competitive labour market.
Providing a smooth transition through offboarding periods has a multitude of benefits including maintaining employee wellbeing, better work force planning ability and better-quality handovers. Above all though, a good offboarding allows for the positive relationships built during employment to be maintained long after a contractual end date.
How has this helped other businesses?
Read our Cogito Excellence success stories.
Make employee offboarding a priority for your business and you can:
- Build a cohort of alumni who are strong brand advocates
- Build a stronger network of talented professionals – with contacts!
- Get honest and valuable insights and feedback. Exit data can be used to support salary & benefit strategies, improve, or identify business culture and identify business issues you may not have recognised.
- Ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
- Improve attraction and retention longer term.
We can help you to get your Offboarding process right by supporting you in:
- Building or checking existing policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that paperwork is complete to make your employee’s departure official and ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that knowledge is transferred to existing employees/new hires in an efficient way
- Communicating effectively to all key stakeholders when an employee is moving on;
- Assessing the need for rehiring;
- Understanding how to carry out an effective exit interview and how to implement changes as a result of exit feedback
- Understanding how to support your departing employee through the exit process and beyond